It’s booming, mushrooming and raining houses in India.
After a lot of queries by the discerning flat buyers I would share few architectural tips on selection of right apartment. Because buying the right apartment would not only reduce your energy cost, but also fetch you greater sale/rental returns. No harms taking a measuring/sonic tape with you.
Avoid flats in the vicinity of aerodromes/railway lines, main roads.
Apartment having decks more of south along with some east sun is best-no matter where the entry is from. Ensure there is no pond, river, sea in that direction.
Buy apartments in the block which have a lot of trees and greenery in the west or a little north.
If you are planning to buy lower floors(4th or 5th). Make sure that they, especially the bedrooms, are not near the main entrance gates. For higher floors, ensure that the parapets should be solid (3′6″-4′ high)
Ensure the ceiling should be at least 9′ high and beams etc shouldn’t be visible. If visible you’ll have to shell in some interior makeover costs.
Try finding ones which have contiguous toilets. This entails maximum open views and ventilation.
See the drawing room. It should have 2-3 adjoining walls so that even if it is too small, it can accommodate maximum perimeter of sofas.
The dining and the kitchen are always near and it is like a lobby. Check that it should at least have a 5′ and 7′ adjoining walls so that a dining table can be well placed without cramming the chairs.
The bedrooms should be in such a way that you walk minimum to go to the wardrobe, toilet and balcony. If you are a right hander then look for a place for the study table so that light enters from the left. Also TV should be in place left or right of the light source.
Checkout for a small latticed drying balcony in NW or SE.
Your entry should be as near to lift but as far from noise from neighbor’s transit. (Former adds value by minimizing vestigial area).
It is not necessary that flats having a 90 degree angle are the most functional.
You are investing your hard earned money into a one time house. Act wisely. Consult your local realtor and technocrat for further advice.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Choosing the right apartment (manujarch.wordpress.com)
- MVRDV architects: ‘westerdok’ apartment building, amsterdam (designboom.com)
- Good Questions: Updating and Refreshing These Chairs? (apartmenttherapy.com)
- Scavenger: Crate and Barrel Eastport Dining Table for $500 Chicago (apartmenttherapy.com)
- Roundup: Dark Bedrooms (apartmenttherapy.com)
- CrunchDeals: 23-inch LCD TV for $199 (crunchgear.com)
- Hot Posts: 01.25.09 Los Angeles (apartmenttherapy.com)
- Swedish Interiors To Get You Through a Dark Winter (apartmenttherapy.com)
- Double-Duty Dining Piece: The Bench (apartmenttherapy.com)
- Good Questions: Alternatives for a Dining/Working Table? (apartmenttherapy.com)