I have few criteria on which the latest cars are being designed and innovated to share with the discerning YOU.
The moment of inertia is greater if your car has bigger wheels. More so if the wheels are heavier. Good when the KE of braking would be converted into PE(Potential Energy) & stores. Drag is being reduced by reducing the number of wheels to 3-funny isn’t it-ulta socho-the car has 2 wheels on front and one on back-lol.
Battery is a major field of research in major companies so better-eyes.
In today’s situation for the crammed traffic and bad roads, you need a car with at least 12″ road clearance. 7″ in most cases don’t suffice and practically even a 4″ high brick/stone can strike the base.
WagonR is most successful because of less width but small wheels. The RVM can ensure a better reversal. The tall RVM of wagonR should have been in other cars too.
Aerodynamic shapes are good for high speeds to reduce air drag. Elliptical and fish shaped of verna has been excellent in mid-level segment. A major car company is seamless integrating these features which can flash Indian market in 2 years(best my wishes).
Cars are also being designed with just over 300 components instead of usual 5000 or so. Would love comments-good or other-wise. No doubt cars can be one person front too-easy maneuvering and road-ability.
One more point-buying a car with automatic transmission is not a bad option-even a WagonR has it and we never knew.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Carry all refreshingly (manujarch.wordpress.com)
- Hyundai Genesis called ‘new era of luxury’ (cnn.com)
- Winner! Will these vehicles run? A puzzle from the past (makezine.com)
- Tips for greener motoring (isiria.wordpress.com)
- BRABUS G V12 S Biturbo: World’s Most Powerful Consumer Off-Road Vehicle [Geneva Motor Show] (jalopnik.com)
- BMW, VW investigating how thermoelectrics may juice up future automobiles (autoblog.com)
- Jaguar XF: The Cat is Back (businessweek.com)
- BMW M Sport Package Prices Announced [BMW M Sport] (jalopnik.com)
- Subaru takes on big dogs with Legacy concept (autos.canada.com)
- Average price of diesel drops below premium gas (autoblog.com)